Digital Marketing has become one of the most trending businesses in this new era. And to go with this new trend many teenagers or we say young entrepreneurs are looking to get the most out of this business. But when chasing the outcome, we mainly forget to learn about the basics of digital marketing. So here are the complete 101 of basics of Digital marketing.
What is Digital Marketing?
Digital marketing can easily be defined by the way of communicating brands with their potential customers through digital mediums. And in this marketing, we are showing our marketing campaign to just the potential customers and not everyone.
Need for Digital Marketing
- As this new era, is growing in the digital medium so should our business be. or else our business will be thrown away from the market by the competitors.
- And also 84% population of India is on the Internet right now. Which may have increased when you were reading this post.
- So now the thing is even our competitor knows this fact about the internet, so now you have to work harder on making online presence and build your brand on the Internet.
Traditional Marketing v/s Digital Marketing
- In Traditional Marketing, one cannot find how many people have read or seen that advertisement given but in Digital Marketing we can get the required analytics very easily.
- In Traditional Marketing, we cannot get a proper ROI count, but in Digital Marketing we can get the exact ROI and we can plan for the next campaign.
- In Traditional Marketing, the money invested in the campaign is higher than Digital Marketing from the same result or even greater.
- In Digital Marketing we can show our campaign to the specific potential customers as we need for our business.
Types of Digital Marketing:-
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
- Social Media Marketing (SMM)
- Social Media Optimisation (SMO)
- Content Marketing
- Video Marketing
- Graphics or Image Marketing
- Local SEO
- Influencer marketing
Search Engine Optimization (SEO):-
It is the hardest and free way to rank your website. Search Engines have made its terms and rules to rank the websites on their search engine for any keyword, and when we design or make changes in our website according to those rule is called Search Engine Optimization. It can take a minimum of 4-6 months for ranking any website with medium competition keyword.
Search Engine Marketing (SEM):-
When we are giving an amount of money to the search engines in the name of paid promotion is known as Search Engine Marketing. As it is the easiest way to get your website ranked on the first page where your potential customers are found, but as it is a paid form of promotion your website will be ranking till you are paying to the search engine.
Social Media Marketing (SMM):-
When the promotion is done on Social Media Like Instagram, Facebook or TikTok, by paying an amount to that platform is known as Social Media Marketing. As this is the Social Media age most of the promotion is done on that. But as we know there are many more social media platforms than just Insta and Facebook, So we should always analyze for which platform we should be working on.
Social Media Optimization (SMO):-
Getting your account or post reached to the potential clients of the company without using paid advertisement but with the help of in build features like caption, hashtags, tags, location, etc. is called as Social Media Optimization.
In digital marketing or building your brand content is always the king. People love getting information about anything, Yes!! Anything!! When you are scrolling youtube or Instagram you will find there are so many topics to put your content on Travel, Food, Fashion, Education, whatever it is. If you are putting out valuable content consistent you will build your brand.
As we said content is the king, And in content video content is on the highest priority. Video content is the most shared piece of content as it retains more time of the customer and it is entertaining.
Infographics are also one of the most loved pieces of content. As it makes users understand the topic easier than reading blogs. Also using infographics leads the customer to higher conversion rates as you can use the color psychology to retain them as well.
After the success of the “near me” concept, the local SEO also has made its importance in the digital marketing field. As it is a lot easier to convert the customer came from local SEO than the regular one, because of the intensity of the customer. 97% of search engine users search online to find a local business.
The most trending career in youngsters in being an influencer. If you are good in any field you can become an influencer of that field whether it is fashion or travel. And Influencer marketing is based on paid promotions and being a brand ambassador like most celebrities are.
Future of Digital Marketing:-
One of the most asked questions is what is the future of Digital Marketing? So, As this digital era is growing the need for digital marketing will increase and if there is a need then there is a future.
I hope you have got all the questions you were confused about if still, you have any questions then do contact us here and also comment down which type of marketing you will be try for the first.